The year 2020 greeted us with a bang, and the majority of people will agree that the COVID-19 pandemic brought a toll on everyone. A lot of important events were canceled, jobs were put to a halt, and people were asked to stay indoors.
Due to this, among other things, your travel plans were also put on hold. This can be quite a bummer, especially if you have planned for this trip for a long time. Yet we can’t argue with the fact that COVID19 put the world into a standstill.
Present and future travel plans were drastically altered by the coronavirus pandemic. In return, travel agencies turned their attention to providing updated travel insurance to travelers. On the other hand, travelers like you are also looking for the best deals when it comes to travel insurance companies. Of course, with the pandemic looming over us, you would want to feel safe and stay protected whenever you travel.
What Are The Benefits of Travel Insurance?
In 2018, around 65.8 million people were insured by their chosen travel policy. According to the most recent data from the U.S. Travel Insurance Association (USTIA), this means that there is a 49% increase of people who availed of travel insurance from 2016 to 2018. What does this mean?
- As a traveler, you want to enjoy your trips and make the most out of it. How do you do that? You should get your travel insurance from a reliable travel insurance company.
- By having your travel insurance, it gives you a sense of security. You can step out with confidence knowing that you are insured.
- More and more Americans are buying trip insurance to ensure a safe and smooth trip to and from your travel destinations. This is a must, since the coronavirus pandemic is still out of our hands, having travel insurance will give you peace of mind since you know that a travel insurance company is looking out for you.
More and more travelers like you are considering on getting travel insurance before setting foot in a foreign land. This is a great step for you to be able to enjoy your travels more and to be free from worries that might affect your trip.
How Do You Get the Best Travel Insurance?
Different policies are presently available for a traveler like you. All you need to do is to select the right travel policy plan that would best suit your needs. To help you in choosing the best travel insurance, you must consider the following:
- What are your most common insurance needs?
- What are the factors affecting the cost of your insurance policies so that you can stay within your budget? and
- What are your different travel insurance options?
Knowing these factors will help you decide on which travel insurance company to avail. These factors will also help you decide which travel insurance company to choose and how to get covered by your chosen travel insurance company policy.
Now, which travel insurance company should you choose?
To help you decide, here are the 3 best travel insurance companies of 2020.
Since their establishment in 1996, Travelex offers you different travel insurance packages depending on what best suits your travel needs on your trip. Based in Omaha, Nebraska, Travelex Insurance Services’ coverage is also available to customers who want to benefit from their travel insurance policy worldwide.
For starters, their $28 policy plan includes the following:
- cancellation of trips;
- emergency medical and evacuation; and
- trip interruption
Customizing and upgrading your Travelex Insurance Policy Plan is also available. Click here to know more about Travelex.
Founded in 1997, HTH Worldwide holds a HIGH RATING, an A- rating with AM Best, and is one of the premium travel insurance agencies offering their customers top-notch medical coverage plans. HTH Travel Insurance company offers up to a whopping $1 million in total policy coverage for medical emergencies and the like. This is why HTH Travel Insurance is a big help to seniors who are leaving the country for a trip, as they have higher chances of ending up with a medical issue and an expensive hospital bill to pay.
For our senior travelers who are on a budget yet needs utmost protection with flexible payment options, HTH Travel Insurance can provide them with the following:
- Travelers with an existing primary insurance policy can enjoy 100% coverage for usual hospital charges, including various laboratory tests, surgery, office visits, in-patient hospital stays, and prescription drugs outside of the U.S., among other coverage.
- For senior applicants who are 84 years of age or younger, medical evacuation is also available for up to half a million or $500,000. Most senior travelers might want to consider this travel insurance company for their travel insurance company needs. Nevertheless, more of our seniors also avail of the policy, not for its travel benefits, but more on its medical benefits.
To know more of the existing and available policies for you, click here to be able to access the HTH Travel Insurance Website.
If you are a traveler looking for a wide array of travel insurance coverage for individual trips, multi-trips, and cruises, then Nationwide travel insurance agency might be the best option for you. Having been around since 1925, Nationwide travel insurance knows a lot about taking care of you and your travel plans abroad. Travelers availing of the travel insurance policy from Nationwide can have access to the following perks:
- To protect your single trips, Nationwide offers trip cancellation in its Essential Plan for up to $10,000, and $30,000 in its Prime Plan.
- For just $59 a year, Nationwide policyholders may also get an annual travel insurance package to cover issues on delays, hospital and/or medical expenses, medical evacuation, lost luggage during your travel, and travel assistance, among others.
For more information on the areas covered by the Nationwide travel insurance policy, click here to know more.
Travel insurance in the time of COVID19
Having a travel insurance post-COVID19 is not just a necessity, but a MUST. Travel insurance during the pandemic is a must for travelers like you. Choosing any of the 3 best travel insurance companies for your next trip alone, or with your family, will give you peace of mind and will let you enjoy what you love the most: traveling. We only live one life, and getting insurance will help you make the most out of it.
Photo by Jeshoots
Image by Ingle International